Tuesday, September 1, 2015

About me

Since I'm new to this whole blogging thing, I figured I would do a bit of an introductory post! My name is Rachael and I am a sophomore at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon (but am originally from Simi Valley, CA). I am a biology major and neuroscience minor as well as a hopeful pre-med student.

Before going off to Lewis & Clark, I ran cross country and track for 5 years on a nationally ranked team. This is where I cultivated my love and knowledge of running. However, when I was going off to college, I decided that I no longer wanted to run competitively and instead began running and cross training on my own! This is when I decided that I wanted to run a marathon. I signed up for the Portland Marathon and am currently using the Hanson's training plan (with some adjustments) to train for it! I am so excited to be running my first marathon in PDX- so excited, in fact, that I applied (and was chosen to be) a Portland Marathon ambassador! If you are still looking to register for the Portland marathon- use code RACHAEL10 for $10 off!

I have been training for this marathon for a few months and am so excited to run it. On this blog, I will be chronicling the highs and lows of my journey to the Portland Marathon and beyond! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment